Berlioz 150 Draft Privacy Notice
Berlioz 150 is the working name of the Berlioz Sesquicentenary Committee, a registered charity number 1173910.
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website, subscribe to our email newsletter, communicate with us or use one of our other services.
How do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you when you subscribe to our newsletter, communicate with us via email or social media, place an order for products or services or make a donation to the charity.
We also collect information when you communicate with us by post, telephone or in person (such as by the exchange of business cards).
How will we use the information about you?
The legal bases under which we process personal data are:
- Consent – where you have given us information and your consent to use it, for example by subscribing to our email newsletter.
- Contract – where you are a customer or supplier and the information is needed to fulfil a contract between us.
- Legitimate Interest – where it is in our or your interests to process the data for the purposes of the charity, to provide services or for reasons of security.
We collect information to:
- Send you the Berlioz 150 email newsletter with regular updates about activities commemorating the 150th anniversary of Hector Berlioz.
- Process any orders you may place with us.
- Enable us to communicate with you.
- Personalise your repeat visits to our website.
- Analyse the use of our website to improve the service we provide.
Some of our services are provided by other organisations. We will only pass personal data to them for the purposes of providing our services to you and if their own systems, standards and legal terms are compliant with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Their use to process your data will also be governed by their own privacy notices. Some of the service providers may store personal data outside the EU and they will only be used in this way if the transfer of data outside the EU is done in accordance with the GDPR.
Sharing and storing data
We will not share your data with anyone else unless:
- We are required to do so by law (for example, by the police with appropriate legal authority),
- We have first asked for, and been given, your permission to do so, or
- They are one of our service providers as set out above.
We will not share your data with anyone else for marketing purposes.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please email or write to us at the address below.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please contact us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Withdrawing your consent
You may withdraw the consent you have given for us to process your personal data at any time. Please contact us as set out below and we will delete your information from our database.
Retention of data
We will retain your data for as long as necessary for Berlioz 150 to provide services to you or until you request that we remove it from our database.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and you can remove them, however this may result in features on some websites not working properly or at all.
Your legal rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information about these rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Unless otherwise stated all content on this website is copyright of the Berlioz Sesquicentenary Committee or one of our partner organisations.
How to contact us
- By email at: contact@Berlioz150.org
- By post to: The Administrator, Berlioz 150, 16 Beverley Road, London SW13 0LX